Student Participation and Proposal Guidelines
- Who Can Submit?
- Disruption Fellow Commitment
- Proposal Requirements
- General Terms and Conditions of Use
Who Can Submit?
All currently enrolled Montclair State University undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to participate and submit a proposal for the opportunity to be selected as an official Disruption Fellow. Students from all majors and programs are welcome to apply.
Disruption Fellow Commitment
This program will be run as a highly innovative workshop over the Spring 2022 semester. Note: taking it for credit is optional, but the group will meet at a scheduled time on a weekly basis. In addition, Fellows will have two short preparatory workshops during the Fall 2021 semester. Below is a breakdown of the commitment required to be considered as a Disruption Fellow:
- Attend 2 workshops in the Fall Term – October 27, 2021 (on ideation & strategy) and December 8, 2021 (on concept development). Each workshop will be 3 hours.
- About 10 hrs of independent changemaking research and team project work between the weekly workshops over Spring 2022.
- Participation in a 2.5 hour weekly workshop in the Spring Term 2022 -- this can be done for credit or not.
Your proposal should be a minimum of one paragraph, but no more than two paragraphs total (for the entire proposal), and answers the following questions:
- If you could change one thing at MSU to make it better, what would you change?
- With whom would you work?
- Submit an additional short answer(no more than a paragraph) explaining how your background or experience have shaped your commitment to community engagement.
When you are ready to submit:
- Submit your proposal using the MSYou! online submission system (see “Submit Proposal” on left hand menu).
- If it is your first time using the system, you will be prompted to indicate that you agree to the submission statement.
- You will then be prompted to log on using your University NetID and password only (see the example below). You do not need to enter your University email address.
- You will need to check the box stating that you are not a robot.
Note: If you experience any technical issues logging into the system and need immediate assistance please contact: .
The proposal submission deadline is Tuesday, October 22th, 2021, by 11:59 p.m. Successful Disruption Fellows will be notified by October 25th, 2021. Disruption Fellows will be selected by a committee of reviewers as designated by the Dean of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences.
General Terms and Conditions of Use
Users of the MSYou! website and/or software agree not to misuse the service or software in any way.
The failure of Montclair State University Digital Commons to exercise or enforce any right or provision in the policies or the Submission Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any term of the Submission Agreement or these policies is found to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Submission Agreement and these policies remain in full force and effect. These policies and the Submission Agreement constitute the entire agreement between Montclair State University Digital Commons and the Author(s) regarding submission of the Article.